South Korea as a Study Destination
If you want to experience one of the most vibrant and lively cultures in Asia, South Korea is the place to be! South Korea embraces both convention and innovation. It is a land of diverse culture and lifestyles. South Korea is one of the world’s most innovative and dynamic countries. South Korean Information and communication technology is one of the best in the globe.
South Korea has several Universities and Colleges that are known worldwide. The universities are some of the best in the world with top academic programs open to international students. Investment in research and education is the core of the South Korea’s development and growth. It is World’s 13th largest economy and also the 3rd largest economy in the Asia.
South Korea in Brief
Official Name: Republic of Korea, Mainly known as South Korea
Currency: South Korean Won (₩, KRW)
Official Language: Korean
Government: Presidential Constitutional Republic
Area: 100,210 km2 (109th position)
International Dial Code: 82
Internet Domain: .kr
Quick Facts about Universities in South Korea
- Seoul National University is the highest ranked among Universities in South Korea and spots the 34th position in the 2013/14 QS World University Rankings and 4th in the 2014 QS University Rankings.
- Yonsei University is the 2nd highest University in South Korea and is placed at 114th spot in the world.
- Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH) is a private research university that holds a 107th position in the world, 9th in the Asia ranking, and 5th in the 2013 QS Top 50 under 50.
- South Korea spots the 29th among 59 nations in the education competitiveness as per the’2011 Global Competitiveness Report’, IMD in Switzerland.
- South Korea is placed between 3rd to 6th positions in the recent years among 65 nations that took the survey from Program for International Student Assessment (PISA) by OECD. Korea holds the top position in digital reading knowledge assessment.
Reasons to Study in South Korea
South Korea provides a higher level of education
to the international students and has some of the best Universities in the world. South Korean Universities provide several fields of study for international students. The most popular ones are arts and science discipline. It is also known for language and culture-based Korean programs.
Learn Korean Language
If you‘re inclined towards Korean language and want to learn it, studying in South Korea is the best choice.
Dynamic Information and Technology Powerhouse
If you have an interest in Technology, South Korea is the best place to be! South Korea spots the 1st place among 152 countries within the ICT development index presented by International Telecommunication Union (ITU). South Korea’s Information & Technology is regarded the best in the world. As an international student you will be exposed to this cutting edge technology.
Diverse Culture and Lifestyle
South Korea is an amalgamation of old and new-traditional and modern. It’s regarded as a ‘cultural hub’ of Asia where the tradition and modernity have joined amicably. It holds onto its rich history and culture. People are friendly and helpful there.
Tremendous Employment Opportunities
There are many employment opportunities for every student in South Korea. The South Korea economy is very stable thereby, guaranteeing a financially secure future following your graduation.
Additionally, there are employment exhibitions arranged for international students to help them with employment in South Korea. An International Student Support Page
is created for international students, wherein they can easily get the employment information.
Affordable Tuition and Housing
Compared to English speaking countries such as the U.S, Canada, and Britain, The tuition, housing and living costs
are low in South Korea as compared to English speaking countries US, Britain or Canada.
Several Scholarship Programs
There are many scholarship programs
for international students, thus allowing them to study in South Korea without having financial worries. These programs are offered by the Korean Government Ministries, Foundations and Universities in South Korea.